Telstra Webmail – Telstra Corporation Ltd. is an Australian telecom company also known as Telstra. It builds and operates telecommunications networks and markets voice, mobile, internet access, pay television and other products and services.
Telstra also provides Webmail service to their users along with the calendar, email, and contact services. You can access and use all your email service using the latest web browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. You can move to the Telstra service anytime you want.
How to Move to Telstra Mail Service?
- To get a Telstra Mail Service you need to contact the Telstra.com.au and request a new connection.
- You will simply receive a Telstra ID to login to your Account.
- Then you need to activate the Telstar account by creating the username and password.
- If you are unable to activate the account within 48 hours then contact the Telstar Support for assistance.
- Using this email address you can further create 15 different email address for personal use or you can give to another family member.
Updates Features of the Telstra Mail
Keeping the growing needs of the customer in mind the Telstra has also updated the features of their mail service, some of these services are:
- Improved features and spam filtering
- Access to all your devices – desktop, mobile, tablet
- 10 GB storage for all your emails and attachments
- Up to 15 different email addresses
- No advertising banners
- Available domain: @bigpond.com, @bigpond.net.au, @Telstra.com
Save your Prior Notes before Moving to the Telstra Webmail
If you are moving to Telstra Mails from any other email service provider then we advise you to save your Notes first. As the Telstra does not supports Tasks and Notes.
- Open the email address you are using by logging in to your account.
- Then go to the saved task and notes.
- Copy them to save somewhere.
- Now you can send a request to move to the Telstra Webmail.
How to Register for the Telstra Webmail?
- Open a supported web browser of your choice.
- Then visit https://id.Telstra.com.au/register in the URL section.
- Register for Telstra ID will appear on your screen.
- Then you will be given to creating an email address for your Telstra webmail which will later serve as your username.
- Next step is to create a strong password for your Telstra Account. Re-enter the Password.
- Then you need to enter your personal details like name and date of birth in the given blanks.
- Finally, enter your Telstra number and click on Continue.
- After that, your request to create a Telstra ID will be processed and you will receive a link to activate the Telstra Webmail Account.
What are the Benefits of Telstra Registration?
After registering yourself with the Telstra you will get the emailing benefits. Along with that, the additional benefits received by the users are:
- Check estimated call and data usage
- Pay bills and save payment method
- Recharge a Prepaid service
- Check recent charges and credits
- Buy Telstra Thanks movie tickets
How to Retrieve the Telstra ID?
The Telstra is actually your username and password. Using your username and password or your Telstra ID you can log in to the Telstra Webmail Account.
In case you have forgotten the Telstra ID then we are here to help you. You can also call the Telstra Support team for recovery of the Telstra ID. the Telstra Support team is 24/7 available service.
How to Recover the Telstra Username?
Recovering the username for the Telstra Webmail can be tricky for some users. To do so, you will need the Telstra Mobile Number, Email Address and Date of Birth with you.
- Open a web browser and visit Forgotten Username page on your browser.
- On the next page, enter either your mobile number/landline number or email address and then enter the Date of Birth.
- Finally, click on Continue button.
- You will immediately receive a text with the code/password.
- Enter this code/password and then you will be able to recover the Telstra Username.
How to Reset the Telstra Password?
To successfully reset the Telstra Password you need to have the Telstra Username with you. Follow these steps to reset the password.
- Open a web browser and go to the reset password page for Telstra webmail.
- Enter your username and date of birth in the given column.
- The click on the Continue button.
- If you do not want to change the password then you can also ask to resend the Telstra Password.
- After resetting you can log in and use your Telstra Webmail.
How to Troubleshoot Telstra Webmail Sending and Receiving Error?
To locate and remove the Telstra Webmail Sending and Receiving Error using the smart troubleshooting tool designed by the Telstra.
- To troubleshoot the Telstra webmail go to the Telstra troubleshoot page.
- Then enter your account details such as your username and password.
- The Telstra system will diagnose the problem with your system and email service
- After review, the troubleshooting will start on your device.
- Then you can check the services are resumed and working fine or not.
If the Telstra Webmail Sending and Receiving Error persists then feel free to call the Telstra Support for further troubleshooting for the issue.
Customer Support for Telstra Webmail
Sometimes, understanding the applications and services of the Telstra can be tricky. In such case, you need the help of an expert. You can access the Telstra Support anytime for a various issue related to the Telstra Webmail. Some of the common issues are:
- Troubleshooting for Telstra Mail
- Calendar issues since moving to Telstra Mail
- Email Folder issues since moving to Telstra Mail
- Moving to our new Telstra Mail service
- Moving to Telstra Mail and how it affects your email
- Recommended email settings for Telstra Mail
- Telstra Mail Web Accessibility
- Contacts issues since moving to Telstra Mail
- Telstra email validation for your email address security
- Download the Telstra Mail Webmail User Guide
- Setting up and troubleshooting your Telstra email account
- Suspended email address
- How to use Telstra Email while traveling
You can get troubleshooting steps for all the above-listed issues and more at the Telstra Support. You just need to place a call at the toll-free number and a technician will help you resolve the issue.