Telus Webmail is one of the services provided by the Canadian national telecommunication company. They also offer other wide range of products including internet access, voice, entertainment, healthcare, video, and IPTV television. We are here to discuss their webmail service which is available at for the Telus Service users.
For more details, you can also get to the Telus Support team by placing a call at the toll-free number. In addition, talk to a skilled technician to help you fix the issue in no time.
How to Start with the Telus Webmail?
If you are a Telus telecommunication user then you can follow these steps to get a Telus service by following these steps:
- Open a supported web browser on your device.
- In the URL section, type webmail.telus.net and hit the enter key.
- On the left panel of your page, click on Internet button.
- Then select the Email tab on the screen and your email address will be displayed on your screen.
- Contact the Telus Webmail and get your initial password.
- Use the email address and login to your Telus Account.
- Also, you can change the password of the Account anytime you want.
Services included with Telus Webmail
- Up to 5 GB available for email including the attachments
- Up to 25 MB in attachments per email
- Create up to 10 personal email addresses per account
- Do not show any ad
- Mailbox, calendar, contacts, and tasks
- Message tagging, email forwarding, and auto-replies
- POP and IMAP support
- Data hosted on Canadian servers
How to Change Telus Webmail Password?
- You can start with visiting the webmail.telus.net on your web browser.
- Then click on the My Profile from the left-hand sidebar on your screen.
- Under the password, click on the Change password button.
- Enter your new password and re-enter it to verify it.
- Then click on Save Changes to apply the changes you have made.
How to Reset the Telus Webmail Password?
- Open a web browser and visit the www.webmail.telus.net on it.
- On the login page, click on the Forgot button.
- Now enter the email address associated with your Telus Account.
- If you have set up a recovery email address then the password reset link will be sent to that email address.
- If you have set up a recovery mobile number then the password reset link will be sent to that mobile number.
- Click on the password reset link and create a new strong password.
Things to Remember
- Your password recovery link will only work once. If your link doesn’t work then you need to start the process from the start.
- In case, you have set up both the recovery email account and recovery mobile number then your mobile number will be preferred over the email account.
- If you facing any issue while resetting the password then call the Telus Webmail Support for assistance.
System Requirement for the Telus Webmail
If you wish to use the Telus Webmail service without any issue then we recommend you to check the system requirement to avoid any error in the future.
- Operating System
- Windows XP SP3, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Mac OS X 10.5 or above
- Android and BlackBerry devices can capable of supporting web browsers with Flash or Java
- Apple devices such as iPod Touch, iPhones, and iPads do not support Flash or Java web browsers at all
- Minimum 512 MB RAM
- Display resolution 1024 x 768
- 128 kbps or higher
- Web Browser with latest updates:
- Google Chrome
Troubleshoot Login Issues with the Telus Webmail
If you are unable to login to your Telus Webmail then you need the troubleshooting. You can follow these steps to troubleshoot the error or you can call the Telus Support to resolve the issue in no time.
Your Account has not been Activated
This error happens when you have not activated the email address. In order to activate the email address, you need to confirm the email address. To register and activate the email address, follow these steps.
- Firstly, you need to create a profile.
- In order to create a profile, you need to enter your name and an existing email address.
- Create a Strong Password. Then select a security question and answer it.
- Click on the Continue at the bottom of your screen.
- On the next screen, enter the Account Number. An Account Number is available on your service agreement and bills.
- Once done with above step, you will get a verification code on your mobile number or email address.
- Enter this code to verify and activate the Telus Webmail.
If these steps are not helping you to troubleshoot the issue and get the access to your account then you can always call the Telus Webmail Support.
Your information isn’t being entered properly
This a very common issue faced by the users worldwide. And the solution is as easy as remembering the credentials and enter it again. You can check measures and avoid any error.
- Check the keyboard settings, such as the Caps Lock light is on or not.
- Never copy-paste your username and password.
- Finally, sit back and try to remember the username and password.
Your Account is Locked
The Telus locks your account in case you have made 5 unsuccessful attempts to log in to your account. So, carefully remember your account credentials and enter it.
Also, reset the password when you are unable to remember the previous one. You can follow the steps to reset the password given above.
Your Account is Deactivated
If you no longer use the services of the Telus then your account will be deactivated and you will get the text “You cannot access this account because the service is canceled.”
It is not possible for you to log in anymore.
How to get Telus Webmail Support?
If you are facing any issue with your Telus Webmail Service then feel free to reach out to the Telus Webmail Support. Call us at the toll-free number and talk to a certified technician. Moreover, fix all your Telus Account related problems and get troubleshooting steps. Also, protect your Telus Account with the security and privacy tips from our experts. The Telus Support service and the toll-free number is 24/7 available for the users.